Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to ensure that you, the customer, have a superior experience when visiting our sites.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
As used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means any of the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a FitPast50Now.com account or other service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain goods and services, we also request credit card or other payment account information which is maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Company services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you use Company services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your search request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. With respect to Internet Protocol addresses, Company collects them for the following purposes: (1) helping Company diagnose and resolve problems with its main computers; (2) administering its systems and this Website; (3) reporting aggregated anonymous information to its business partners and network service providers; and (4) auditing the use of this Website.
- User communications – When you send e-mail or other communication to Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites – We may offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Company in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – Company may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Company processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server outside of the United States. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Your Choices For Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail from Company by following the specific instructions in the e-mail you receive. You may also have the option of proactively making choices about the receipt of promotional e-mail, telephone calls, and postal mail from particular Company sites or services by clicking Contact Form.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Company may not be able to provide those services to you.
Company only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Company in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Categories of Third Parties
Subject to the exceptions below, we will not share your personal information with 3rd parties without your approval.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many user clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually. Company also displays targeted advertisements based on personal information but does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad.
Categories of 3rd parties with whom Company may share your Personal Information include parties contracted to provide some Services on our sites. In connection with those Services, you are deemed to consent to us sharing your information with 3rd parties who provide Services such as processing of credit card transactions,customer service, promotion administration, or order fulfillment, as applicable.
Third parties who provide, or participate in, Services on Company sites are prohibited from using our customers’ Personal Information for marketing purposes and/or from sharing, selling, or otherwise using such information, unless you choose to opt in to marketing, sharing, or other uses by the 3rd parties. If you do not want your information to be used for marketing (or other purposes unrelated to the provision of Company Services) by a 3rd party who participates in a Service on one of our sites, do not opt in to such use by that 3rd party when you register to participate in the Service.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Company employees, contractors and agents who have a need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality agreements and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Company processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use Company services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy policies or FAQs for these services.
How Can You Control the Use of Information?
In the event that you decide that you want to opt out from Company’s use of any Personal Information that you previously provided to (and/or authorized for use by) Company, or if any of your Personal Information that you previously provided (such as your zip code or e-mail address) changes, Company will use reasonable efforts to provide you with a way to correct, update or remove such Personal Information. Company makes repeated efforts to verify the accuracy of your Personal Information and to correct and update its databases based on the information available to Company. In the event that you believe that any Personal Information held by Company is inaccurate or outdated, Company, upon notification and sufficient time for verification, will take all reasonable steps to correct any inaccuracy or update outdated Personal Information of which it is made aware. You may contact
P.O. Box 361157
Los Angeles, CA 90036
You may also write us using our Contact form.
Changes To This Policy