Guest post by Teemaree
We set the stage in a temple. High in the Tibetan mountains. A monk is meditating before the sun rises.
Next we see a group of yogis sitting lotus style on their mats alongside a cliff looking out at the sea.
Finally we see a guru leading devout believers in their meditations. They can sit for hours. So calm, so serene.
Forgive me while I skip this old record.
Meditation is no longer just any of these scenarios. If you don’t like the thought of sitting still, if you don’t have the time, if you are stressed and then get more stressed at the thought of “sitting with your breath” it’s ok. There are so many ways to meditate. Here’s a list of 10 super easy ways for you to reap the various benefits of meditation without having to change your lifestyle, beliefs, or learn yogi poses. But first….
Benefits of meditation:
- Pain Relief
- Boosts Immune System
- Increases Health
- Increases Happiness
- Improves Concentration
- Decreases Anxiety, Stress, Depression
& so much more
With that said, let’s get into the list of easy ways you can meditate and reap these rewards to live your best life now.
10 Easy Meditations:
- Say thank you 60 times in a row.
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth slowly for one minute.
- Stare at the sky.
- Lay in the grass.
- Think of your favorite place. Sounds, smells, and all.
- Imagine beaming a ray of love from your heart to the world.
- Take a slow walk without a phone or partner just to enjoy the scenery.
- Sit and ponder your favorite piece of scripture.
- Enjoy a guided mediation by just hitting play and following the directions.
- Instead of trying to clear your mind, allow your mind to wander simply noticing where it goes with curiosity.
Whether you are working out, accomplishing a goal, or processing a life change, meditation can make it easier and more fun. Often times when I’m doing a tough workout, I imagine myself as a martial arts warrior in a far off land. Next thing you know, I’ve finished my workout!
Which easy meditation will you try today? Choose one and enjoy.
Please leave a comment- give me a thumbs up, a thumbs down, whatever, just leave a comment, like my page, but most important of all, be the exception.